Looking for a way to document your family history in one beautifully arranged workbook? I designed my first five generation record book a few years ago, to help amateur genealogists, and to meet my own needs a a professional genealogist.
This is the improved and extended edition of that original best-selling book. It has space to record EIGHT GENERATIONS, that's a whopping 254 direct ancestors, with a FULL PAGE devoted to every person.
What this book is...
- An eight generation workbook to fill in – back to your 5 x great grandparents.
- A clear, concise, and portable record of your family history research progress.
- Valuable for all family historians, from beginner to advanced.
- Useful to highlight gaps and shape your priorities as you undertake further research.
What this book is NOT...
- A family history tutorial or starter pack.
- A replacement for genealogy software, websites, or detailed sheets and templates.
- An ahnentafel index, to summarise your current knowledge and act as a table of contents.
- A full page per person, to record yourself (or your subject) and 254 direct ancestors.
- Double page spreads arranged in logical family groups.
- Headings to help you to navigate quickly and easily to the parents and child of an individual.
- Space to add key UK information and additional notes, such as military history.
- Checkboxes to mark off the key UK documents used to support your findings.
How to buy the paperback book
The paperback book is available to order from Amazon. Unfortunately, I cannot control the paper weight Amazon uses. The paperback edition is A4. It is printed on 90 gsm paper, and although this isn't the best paper quality, it might suit you if you prefer a lighter weight, more portable book.
You can usually order a copy at your local bookshop, but some bookshops refuse to order from Amazon. I have no control over this, sorry!
How to buy the hardback book
The hardback book is also available to order from Amazon. Amazon don't offer A4 hardbacks, so the book will be slightly shorter than the A4 paperback, that's 210 x 279 mm. The content is slightly compressed to fit on the page. Once again it is printed on 90 gsm paper.
Is the book available on Kindle?
Nope! Because this is a workbook, it is not available on Kindle.
What's special about this book?
- there's a full page for every ancestor.
- each double page spread is a family.
- checkboxes are included for all UK documents up to 2022.
- That's my painting on the front cover!
I hope you find this book useful